Statewide Adopt a School Fundraiser
January 1, 2018 - April 30, 2018
Did you know?
- Both nationally and in Utah, 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before the age of 18.
- Utah’s sexual abuse rate is three times the national average.
- Most children do not report sexual abuse. In fact, 88% of adults who were sexually abused as children stated they never reported the abuse.
- 90% of the time a child will be sexually abused by someone in their circle of trust, not a stranger.
- Child sexual abuse alone costs Utah tax payers approximately $1 billion annually.
When we take stock of the sobering statistics during April – National Child Abuse Prevention Month – it’s easy to be overwhelmed and to ask yourself, “What can I possibly do to make a difference?”
The answer is, you can do a lot. Everyone can play a role in preventing child abuse and neglect. For some of us, prevention comes in a formal role. Teachers, child care workers, health care providers and others who come into daily contact with children can be vigilant about preventing abuse and neglect.
What can you do?
Join other Utah community leaders and Adopt A School in your area and change the odds! Your donation of $2,500 will provide child abuse prevention education to 600-700 Utah children. During April, National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a pinwheel garden and donor sponsorship sign will be proudly displayed in front of your adopted school. Your tax-deductible gift to PCAU will go a long way to preventing child abuse and neglect.
We all have a role to play. What will yours be?