Child Abuse and Neglect FAQs
No. Research-based prevention curriculum models demonstrate that children learn child abuse prevention information best in small groups. What makes the Prevent Child Abuse Utah prevention programs so effective?
- Prevent Child Abuse Utah programs include children as active participants.
- Prevent Child Abuse Utah programs combine techniques of modeling, group discussion, multiple sessions and role playing.
- Prevent Child Abuse Utah prevention concepts are age appropriate, which allows for successful cognitive processing by a child.
- Each program presentation includes developing a safety plan with the child that identifies 3 trusted adults the child would feel comfortable talking to in any situation.
Our classroom presentations take place over the course of two consecutive days (Monday & Tuesday or Wednesday & Thursday). The times and number of visits to each class vary for each grade as follows:One Visit
- Kindergarten: 30 mins
- First Grade: 45 mins
- Jr High: 45-60 mins
- High School 45-60 mins
- Second Grade: 40 mins
- Third Grade: 45 mins
- Fourth & Fifth Grade: 50 mins
- Sixth Grade: 60 mins
Please contact our office by using our contact form. Prevent Child Abuse Utah is happy to answer any questions and help coordinate presentation delivery.